Sunday, January 16, 2011

Go Fishing



There is just nothing like going fishing with your father. Some of the best memories from my childhood are the times my dad took me and my brothers fishing. we would just sit on the river bank for hours waiting for that one moment when a fish hit your line just right.
     Some times we would talk. some time we would just sit and watch the lines and other time me and me brother would play in the dirt and leave my dad to watch all the rods. but I do not think he minded the last one that much.
     After taking some young men fishing myself just a few months ago, I found out how little fishing you get to do when you are the one having to put a new hook on someones line every five minuets and having to get a line out of the trees were someone when squirrel fishing. Through it all I could only think of how did my dad put up with all four of us when we went fishing. I guess that is the kind of stuff that makes fathers.
            do not get me wrong, it's perfectly OK to go fishing on your own or with the guys. All I'm saying is do not forget to take you son or daughter for that matter, with you every once and a wile. trust me when I say that they will not forget it.






2 comments:

  1. I love this post. My father and I used to go fishing all the time and it was some of the best times we had together. I'll never forget those times we spent together.

    By the way, I say we go fishing when it warms up. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete